Monday 22 March 2010

The easter sunday special...





The lady who wanted me to produce the designs for Bikini Kill also asked if i could do this one off event for easter sunday so I thought I would give it a go and take the opportunity to get my work out there.

These were the first layouts and compositions that i made... experimenting with heirarchy of type and appropriate use of colour.
This is further development, stepping away from the format that i have been using...started using imagery that helps to communicate the idea of rock n roll, guitars, guitar strings etc.


This was the final layout and colour combinations that I sent to Lauren, I personally think that the pink and white striped example is working the best, when I sent them to her she was really pleased and it was exactly what she wanted, all she need was some logos to be added.Looking here i think the heirarchy of the type is working it reads clearly where what and when the event is and communicates easter and rock n roll.
I decided to just place the logos and the bottom of the poster, they are clear but i didnt want them too big and spoiling the overall look and understranding of the poster.
This is the sample which I sent to her with added logos and re arranged type.
The poster was printed onto a off yellow stock which really enhanced the design and feel to the poster rather than just printing it on plain white paper, the paper also is cheap so it wouldn't effect the price of print when it came to getting them produced.

No comments:

Post a Comment